Saturday, January 3, 2015

Farewell, Winter Break


Seriously.

How is break already over?  I'm excited to go back to school and see my Kinderbabies, but wowzer!  Time goes so fast when I'm sitting on the couch watching Netflix! ;)

I hope all of my teacher readers had a great time off!  I know I sure did!  Since I not only took a break from school but also accidentally took a break from the blog, here are a few snippets of what I've been up to to catch you up to speed:

For whatever reason, my husband and I got into a card game phase at the beginning of break.  We barely watched any tv (or did laundry...oops) whenever we were home because we were constantly playing Skip-Bo or Phase 10!  It was fun to relax enough to feel like we had time for a game.  And yes, I won most games. :)

 Christmas pictures are a must in our family.  We took a couple of selfies, but once my mom was involved she insisted on taking a picture of her "kids" in front of the tree.  For as old as I feel some days, I won't complain when mom insists on little things like this!
My husband, me, and my "little" brother on Christmas morning.


Coffee seemed to be a big theme over break.  As soon as Christmas was over, I snagged eight (yes, 8) bags of Starbucks Christmas blend on sale for 75% off the original price!  I'd like to say this will last us until next year, but we all know that isn't true.



My husband and I also discovered a new date night idea where we live.  This new dessert spot uses liquid nitrogen to fuse together coffee and homemade ice cream.  It was delicious! 



Unlike me, who enjoyed over two weeks of break, my husband eventually ran out of his vacation time and was back to work.  So often during the school year I find it hard to sit down and watch the news, which is also the hubby's job.  It was so refreshing to watch him do his job so well!  I'm always proud of him, but seeing him in action reminded me of how talented he is!  Also... isn't he so handsome? :)


Finally, we wrapped up 2014 by having a wonderful dinner out with family.  We had such a wonderful year last year - a beautiful wedding, incredible honeymoon to Jamaica, a new house, a new job, and so many amazing memories.  I cannot wait to see what 2015 will bring!



If you're also excited about what 2015 will bring, check back on the blog tomorrow for my new January Literacy Centers aaaaand... a freebie as a preview of my latest creation just for you!

-Liz


0 comments:

Post a Comment