Friday, April 26, 2013

Five for Friday



TGIF!!!  Wowza, this week was a doozie!  Here were some of the more positive highlights :)

1.  This week definitely needed a caffeine boost.  What better way than a piping hot Starbucks on a rainy day?




2.  A student brought me the most beautiful tulip!  It opened up throughout the day and brought a smile to my face every time I passed by! 



3.  Date Night with my guy!  We had a delicious sushi dinner out and then saw the movie 42, which obviously had to include Junior Mints. (Great movie, by the way!)









4.  High School students came to visit our class to teach our kiddos sign language.  Not only were my little babies excited to show me all the signs they learned (Ms. Fowler, this means giraffe! Watch this!  I can sign "popcorn"!), but it was also an excellent teaching opportunity about accepting differences in others.  We strayed from my lesson plans to talk about differences in communication, sight, learning and body types and why we need to always look at what is on the inside of a person.  My little ones were so earnest to share their hearts!  I'm one proud teacher :)



5.  One of my little ones who has come soooooo far this year and exceeded my expectations from when he first arrived at our school wrote me this note:
I love my Fowler I got Kookabirds

Apparently I am right up there with his beloved Angry Birds game.  I'll gladly accept :)

How was your week?  Link up here and share!  Don't forget to comment or follow the two bloggers before you!

-Liz

4 comments:

  1. Hi Liz,
    How cute are you and your man? Date nights are the best! I played nurse to my hubby of 17 years yesterday when he got his wisdom teeth out...does that count? LOL
    Glad I found your cute blog - I'm your newest follower. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I think he's a cutie for sure :) And you're amazing for taking on the wisdom teeth patient - that can be quite the task!

      Thanks for stopping by - I'll come visit you soon! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Beautiful flower. I am so glad spring is finally here! Your sushi looks amazing. :) Your blog is so cute!
    Sara
    First Grade Funtastic

    ReplyDelete