Friday, April 5, 2013

Five for Friday



Ah, I love Fridays :)

I've linked up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the weekly Five for Friday post.  Here's what I've got this week:



1. I had a lovely trip with some girlfriends/KU alums down to Dallas for the Sweet Sixteen.  While we didn't exactly get the outcome we hoped for as far as basketball goes, we still had a ton of fun!




In other basketball news, the Wichita State Shockers are moving on to the Final Four!  Even though my heart is full of Jayhawk pride, I can't help but feel so excited for this team. 



My parents attended WSU and in light of this amazing time in Shocker basketball history, I dug this little beauty up:



Seriously, babies in the 80s looked hilarious.  I was no exception.  Also, I'm pretty sure my dad still has that shirt.





2. Sunday was a wonderful day to celebrate Easter.  It's one of my favorite holidays for many reasons, but I was only able to snap a picture of the "sweetest" aspect.  Apparently everyone knows my great love of the Reese's Eggs and I was even given a giant mega-egg!  (which, I'll admit, kind of intimidates me.  That's a lot of pressure to eat that hefty treat!).  As I was taking a picture of my sweets, the Easter Cat apparently decided it was the perfect time to photobomb.  



And wow, was my furry friend everywhere!  Both of these handsome fellas curled up for some quality TV time Sunday evening.  I'm not sure how My Man will feel about this picture being out for the world to see, but I think it's adorbs :)

3. I found this darling wooden sign on accident and had to snag it immediately.  I LOVED the book The Help and I think this simple quote is so powerful.  It's on my mantle for a little daily inspiration.



4. Ok, I know everyone has seen this commercial, but I die laughing every time I see it (which seems to have been a lot this week).  I swear that I have had this exact conversation before with students in my class!  AT&T does not know who I am or endorse me for sharing this.  I just think it's hilarious. 


5.  One of my students' favorite centers is called Post Office, in which they are given prompts to write letters to others.  I found this on my desk earlier this week:


Dear Ms. Fowler,
You have ben the best teachr.  you make my hart worme.

It's the little things like this that make my heart warm, too :)

Link up here to share your Five for Friday!

Have a wonderful weekend!


-Liz

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that sign...where on earth did you find it?? Too cute!! Sounds like a fun week :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the commercial.. actually hadn't seen that one yet! And the letter.. ah, I remember those from teaching first grade. Those babies were always so sincerely loving. Now that I teach older grades, they're not quite so sweet, LOL.
    Erin
    I'm Lovin Lit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I'm a Jayhawk too! I grew up in KS but moved to NC about 7 years ago. :) I spent a lot of time going to games at Allen Field House! I also teach 1st grade. Have a nice weekend.
    Tamra (and Sarah)
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love...love...love the letter! So precious!

    Julie
    Ms. Shope's Class

    ReplyDelete